Benefits of Meditation
Psychological Health Benefits
- Meditation reduces anxiety and depression.
- Meditation increases stress resilience.
- Promotes increase in positive emotions
- Increases focus, present moment awareness, stimulates pre-frontal cortex.
- Healthy emotional stability and increased intelligence.
- Meditation increases your capacity to learn
- Increases empathy and compassion towards others
- Meditation increases a sense of connection to yourself and others.
- It increases your sense of purpose and meaning for life.
- Meditation improves sociability.
Physical Health Benefits
- Meditation literally grows your brain… both in volume and thickness.
- Meditation increases blood flow to your brain and reduces cortisol levels
- Meditation reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Meditation increases neuroplasticity. This is the brains ability to organize itself.
- Stimulates production of good neurotransmitters, serotonin and dopamine.
- Triggers the parasympathetic nervous system for recover from stress.
- Boosts the immune system and relaxes muscles.
- Slows the ageing process.